Saturday 2 June 2012

Jahangir Khan Biography

Jahangir Khan Biography

Longest Winning Streak Ever – 555 matches – how did he do it?


Jahangir Khan
Jahangir Khan. The greatest sportsman ever – of any sport?  Well, his record of winning 555 consecutive matches – to mention just one of many exceptional achievements – remains unchallenged by any other athlete to this day.  I had the great fortune to watch him live at the peak of his game – an unforgettable experience…
Dominating international squash for the better part of a decade – during the 1980s into the 90s – it was initially, however, not at all obvious that Jahangir was going to become the greatest squash champion in history.
“I was told I would never become world champion. I was the youngest, smallest, feeblest and sickest of the family. Neither the doctor nor my father believed there was any chance for me to become a good squash player” – says Jahangir Khan in his book ‘Winning Squash’.
Having gone from such unpromising beginnings to become the greatest squash player of all time – Jahangir Khan is an inspiration for everyone – whatever their initial circumstances, to go on and achieve great things.
Indeed, to quote Jahangir again: “I believe my story can offer hope to millions of people all over the world who are poor, bereaved or sick.  At different times, I have been all three
Jahangir Khan 
                                                      Jahangir Khan 
 Jahangir Khan 
 Jahangir Khan
 Jahangir Khan
 Jahangir Khan
 Jahangir Khan
 Jahangir Khan
 Jahangir Khan.
SQUASH - Jahangir 'The Conqueror' Khan - A Tribute  
SQUASH - Jahangir And Jansher Khan - The Two 'Lords' Of Squash

No comments:

Post a Comment